Fish Spine Needle Injury Advice
The cause of fish spine injuries can be a puncture from spine bearing marine creature, such as stingrays, scorpion fish, stonefish, catfish, weaver fish, starfish, sea urchins, and crown of thorns among others.
Fish Spine Injury Symptoms
Fish Spine Injury Treatment
- Control any severe bleeding if present
- Remove a spine but only if loose and easy to do so
- Immerse the wound in hot, but not scalding, water (45C)
- Test the water temperature and leave immersed for 30 - 90 minutes
- If hot water doesn't offer relief, apply ice/cold packs to the wound
- Treat for shock
- Use analgesics as directed
- Clean the wound by scrubbing with soap and fresh water then rinse with fresh water
- Apply local antiseptics and seek medical advice
Hazardous Scuba Injuries |> Overview |> Jellyfish Stings |> Bleeding Wounds |> Cone Shell Sting |> Octopus Bite |
Divers also enjoyed reading about...