Omitted or Interrupted Decompression Stops
If a diver surfaces from a dive without having completed the required decompression, the likelihood of decompression sickness is increased and preventative or harm minimization action is required.
Omitted Decompression Stop Procedures
The diver should adopt the following procedures;
- Stay on land and do not descend again
- Remain at rest
- Breathe 100 percent oxygen
- Drink non-alcoholic fluids
- Seek advice
- Do not dive again for at least 24 hours and then only if no signs or symptoms of decompression illness have developed
- If symptoms occur, the full first aid procedure for decompression illness must be followed
DCI Facts |> Decompression Illness |> Caissons Disease |> DAN Neurological Exam |> What is Neurological DCI? |
Divers also enjoyed reading about...