Koh Tang Island Dive Sites
Koh Tang Island is one of the furthest and most remote dive spots from Sihanoukville.
It is located to the south and west of Koh Rong Samloem and it takes more than four hours to reach by boat from the mainland.
The island's land mass is mostly rocks with a few small sandy beaches and the only inhabitants are personnel from the Cambodian military.
Koh Tang is a remote island but the exclusive dive sites offer increased visibility for the divers making the trip.
Koh Tang is an awesome place to travel to if you have passed your Open Water course and really want to experience some deep waters.
Scuba Diving Koh Tang
Divers also enjoyed reading about...
The visibility is fantastic, with most divers reporting views of at least 20 meters every day.
Like Koh Rong Samloem, this is not the best place to dive if you are looking for big marine life like turtles and sharks.
But it is an awesome place for micro diving.
Koh Tang is a remote island but the exclusive dive sites offer increased visibility for the divers making the trip to this area.
Underwater visibility ranges from 10 - 30 meters and the depth of the dive sites average 5 to 18 meters.
The diving season is affected by the monsoon weather from June until September.
Seahorses, octopuses, ghost shrimp and various pipe-fish can be seen on most dives. There are also some awesome walls and steep drop offs to keep you entertained.
Explosion Reef Dive Site Koh Tang
- With an average depth of 12 meters, Explosion Reef dive site is located to the west of Koh Tang. Divers should get good visibility here and find mostly coral bommies and stag horn coral formations which create homes for small colorful reef fishes.
Giraffe Lookout Dive Site Koh Tang
- This popular Giraffe Lookout dive site gets its name from the animal with a long neck because of the similarly shaped tree that overlooks the bay from the cliffs above.
Atlantis Dive Site Koh Tang
- Atlantis reef descends out from the bay at reaches 16 meters in places. Staghorn coral seems to thrive at Atlantis dive site. That encourages small vibrant colored fish.
Three Bears Dive Site Koh Tang
- A popular dive spot because of the three shoreline cave formations that resemble a large bear and two smaller ones on each side. Beginning in the shallows, the Three Bears dive site reef extends to sand patches around 15 meters.
The Steps Dive Site Koh Tang
- As you may guess, the site name for the The Steps dive spot is taken from the topography. Rocky formations and underwater ledges create one of the most interesting destinations for the local diving community.
Stingray Alley Dive Site Koh Tang
- Can you guess what you are likely to find at this rocky deeper part of the island. Stingrays are present in the daytime at Stingray Alley dive site and they are very active at night.
Fly By Reef Dive Site Koh Tang
- With depths descending to 20 meters, Fly By Reef dive site is one of the deepest dives in the area which also tends to get the fastest currents.
Beady Eye Bay Dive Site Koh Tang
- Another exciting spot for diving at night time is the aptly named Beady-eye Bay dive site. The night critters and crustaceans display their beady eyes in the darkness following the end of the dive light.