Koh Rong Samloem Dive Sites - Scuba Diving
Koh Rong Samloem is one of the most popular dive sites that is easily accessed from Sihanoukville.
Although you will find large shoals of reef fish, this site is mostly adorned with macro marine life.
About two hours from Sihanoukville is Koh Rong Samloem, if you take the slow dive boat.
Speed boats regularly make the same trip in thirty minutes.
Rong Samloem is home to a few hundred inhabitants and local fishermen's families, though the land is largely undeveloped with rolling hillsides and trees.
Scuba Diving Koh Rong Samloem
Also called Koh Rung Samlem and Rong Salem, it rests just a few kilometers north of its sister island 'Koh Rong Samloem'.
Rong island remains the most inhabited resort of the entire archipelago situated off the Sihanoukville coast and there are plans to develop the unexplored hillsides, virgin forest and beach-side bungalows.
Reports suggest that a Casino, golf course and an airport are earmarked for the island's near future
Divers also enjoyed reading about...
Cobia Point Dive Site Koh Rong Samloen
- Cobia are commonly called kingfish and you will find them at this dive site. They look similar to grey reef sharks and Cobias can grow to two meters long in this area. They often get close to the divers at Cobia Point dive site and the big fish may look harmful. But they are a genuinely inquisitive species rather than aggressive.
Victoria's Secret Garden Dive Site Koh Rong Samloen
- The dive site Victoria's Secret Garden is almost hidden from regular divers. A local guide would be useful as this site is sometimes difficult to navigate. The narrow strip of reef is mostly soft corals and covers the sea bed at 10 meters.
Two Tone Garden Dive Site Koh Rong Samloen
- You may have guessed it already but the Two Tone Garden dive site appears to separate into two distinct experiences. If divers head for the deeper section near to the shoreline, you are likely to find lots of fish darting around the hard corals below ten meters.
Sponge Garden Dive Site Koh Rong Samloen
- Perhaps Sponge Garden dive site should be called barrel sponge garden because of their large numbers. If you are an inquisitive diver and peer inside the barrels you are likely to see small scorpion fish, crabs, and shrimps.
Rocky Bay Dive Site Koh Rong Samloen
- Rocky Bay is generally sheltered from the strong currents which allows you to use less energy, save your air, and get a longer dive. The dive site at Rocky Bay is a typical spot for macro photography and shallow water training.
Nudibranch Heaven Dive Site Koh Rong Samloen
- I love to see nudibranchs when I'm diving so Nudibranch Heaven dive site is one of my favorite spots. There are several varieties of nudibranch here and this is an ideal shallow spot for novice divers at 6 to 10 meters.