Immersion Pulmonary Edema
The condition of Immersion Pulmonary Oedema usually occurs in older divers and appears to be associated with heart conditions, cold water, breathing from a regulator, taking beta blocker medications and possibly aspiration of sea water.
Divers also enjoyed reading about...
Immersion Pulmonary Oedema Symptoms
- Shallow, rapid breathing
- Shortness of breath
- Coughing, sometimes with bloody sputum
- Unconsciousness, no breathing
Immersion Pulmonary Oedema Treatments
- Check the consciousness, airway and breathing and begin resuscitation if necessary
- Administer oxygen as soon as possible (preferably constant flow)
- Seek diving medical advice and call an ambulance if necessary
Scuba Maladies |> Diving Injuries |> Seasickness |> Hyperthermia |> Drowning |> Decompression Illness |> Shock |